Health Fund Rebates
Health fund rebates are easy to claim through EarDeals. We only draw on Audiologists that are registered with all major health funds across Australia. Once you have completed your fitting and have made your purchase, the hearing clinic’s supporting staff will assist in your submission.
Rebate Amounts Vary Depending On Your Insurance Provider
As is standard practice, EarDeals Audiologists will supply you with the necessary documentation you need to make your claim.
Health fund rebates may vary between providers and if you wish to determine your situation and exact rebate amount, please consult your health fund provider directly. Please note that health funds reserve the right to adjust their terms and conditions.
Health Fund Claiming Process
EarDeals audiologists are registered with all health funds that cover hearing aids.
Step 1: Determining your health fund cover
The first step is determining if you have the right level of health coverage from your health fund to claim a rebate against the price of your hearing aids. The majority of health funds do cover hearing aids and each varies in the way they cover you. The first step is calling your health fund to determine if you are covered and how much you are covered for. From there you can simply subtract the rebate from the price of the hearing aid price listed on our website.
Step 2: Discuss hearing aids and book your first free hearing test
The second step is to simply call EarDeals on 1300 010 064 and book your first hearing free hearing test appointment.
Step 3: Hearing aid fitting appointment
- The third step is your free hearing aid fitting.
- Please note that at this point a full deposit of the hearing aid price will be requested prior to leaving our clinic as security against the hearing devices.
- You will be provided with a receipt.
- Should you change your mind and return the hearing aids within 60 days you will be provided with a full refund.
- EarDeals will notify your health fund to advise you have received your full refund.
Step 3: Time to claim your rebate
- Due to our 60-day money-back guarantee, you may wish to delay your health fund claim until you are truly satisfied with your hearing aid purchase and action your rebate with your health fund following the EarDeals 60-day money-back guarantee expiry date. Your 60-day money-back guarantee starts on the date of purchase and ends exactly on the 60th day from the date of purchase. You will be provided with a receipt to claim your rebate directly with your health fund. Should the refund require additional information such as your hearing test results you will be provided with this information to supply to your health fund. EarDeals will not release your information without your personal consent.
Let the EarDeals Team Help You
Whilst we have never experienced a situation where a health fund failed to warrant a health fund rebate, extra information may be required by some health funds. This can slightly delay the rebate time. EarDeals will make every effort to supply this information in a timely manner. Unfortunately, EarDeals staff do not have control over or knowledge of when a health fund rebate is being issued to you. If you have any concerns or questions about your hearing aid health fund rebate, do not hesitate to give our friendly team a call at 1300 010 064 or use the contact form below.