Australian Government Hearing Services Program (HSP)
Submitting an application
To check your eligibility for the Australian Government Hearing Services Program (HSP), the following information is required to apply for the application:
- Your first name and surname
- Date of birth
- Eligibility number, which is either your CRN number on your Pension card or your Q number on your DVA card.
The system will then check if you are eligible for the Hearing Services Program.
Are you eligible?
- You are eligible for the voucher component of the Australian Government Hearing Services Program (HSP) program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older.
- You may be eligible if you hold a valid Pension Concession card, Department of Veteran Affairs, Gold or White cardholder, a member of the Defence Force, or if you have been referred by the National Disability Employment Service (NDIS).
If you are eligible, a voucher is created which is valid for three years, the validity duration will change from three years to five years from the 1st of July 2021.
Once you have been approved and the voucher has been raised in the Hearing Services Program’s portal, you are entitled to a fully funded hearing test and fully funded hearing aids, given you have been diagnosed with a hearing loss after assessment.
- If you are a young adult aged 21 to 25 (inclusive) you can choose to receive services through either the Voucher Program (if you meet one of the eligibility criteria listed above) or through the CSO Program, which is the Community Service Obligations if you are eligible. Adults 26 years and older, who are eligible may apply for the HSP Program.
Hearing Services Program (HSP) Providers
Hearing Service providers are clinics in the area that you live in. The clinics provide the services of qualified audiologists, who conduct a full diagnostic hearing test and advice, to assist with your hearing health issues or concerns. Voucher services are provided by a variety of hearing service providers throughout Australia.
The duration of the application process can take approximately five minutes if all the necessary information has been submitted.
If you have any further questions or wish to start the application process please call 1300 010 064 and an EarDeals broker will be able to assist you further.