Phonak Audeo B-Direct Hearing Aid Performance Levels
How to choose the right technology for your budget and hearing loss
All hearing aids have a range. The levels in a hearing aid range refer to the number of software features on the hearing aids processing chip. The more software features in the hearing aid processing chip, the higher the hearing aid is in its range and the higher the price. Hearing aids at the top of a range process sound better and improve the wearer’s ability to hear when compared to those at the lower levels in the hearing aids range.
Features such as Bluetooth, rechargeable and small sizes are standard features across a hearing aid range and do not change the price. Only the hearing aids software level determines the amount the hearing aid costs and its ability to process sound better.
When choosing a hearing aid consider three important points:
Hint: Choose a hearing aid that helps in noisy situations that you frequent.
Example: Cafes, backyard BBQs or concerts.
Your Hearing Loss:
Hint: Your EarDeals clinician will provide you with a free comprehensive hearing test and provide a list of options to consider. Depending on your hearing loss the clinician can offer you a number of brands with many great features.
Hint: When Choosing the right hearing aid it’s important to consider the latest developments in hearing aid technology. Such features as Bluetooth connectivity may appeal to those who are constantly on the phone. With the rechargeable battery feature of some hearing aids, you may have dexterity issues; not want to worry about buying batteries or simply be environmentally conscious.
You can read more about the hearing aids software features and compare them by clicking on the hearing aid images above.
What technology level in the hearing aid range do I need?
The easiest way to determine which hearing aid technology level you need for your hearing loss is by asking EarDeals for a free 60 day trial of a number of hearing aid technology levels. You can then hear the difference between the levels for yourself risk-free. To start a hearing aid trial, simply book a free comprehensive hearing test and then have a hearing aid fitting at the Ear Deals clinic.
Note: Select option #2 online
Or call (02) 9133 7899
Phonak B-Direct Features
- Connects directly to any mobile phone via Bluetooth
- Push Button on the device to answer/reject calls
- No need to bring the phone near the ear as it supports hands-free calling
- Video calls possible with Skype, FaceTime and WhatsApp
- Three technology levels and prices
- Tinnitus therapy option
- Change programs with push button on hearing aid
- Links to a free smartphone app for volume, channel adjustments and more
- Links to a remote control for the discrete program and volume adjustments
- Links to sound transmitter to audio stream your favourite TV shows
- Serves as wireless TV and stereo headphones
- External noise reduction technology
- IP 68 rated – dust, moisture and accidental submergence resistant
- Size 13 battery with long lasting battery time
- Multiple dome sizes for a comfortable fit
- Easy to use for those with dexterity issues
- 9 colour options