The Most Popular Phonak Hearing Aids on the Market
Individuals with hearing impairments are always interested in the latest technology when it comes to hearing aids.
Essentially, people want the best opportunity to improve their ability to communicate effectively. By far, the most common goal for people with hearing impairments is to understand speech in background noise, such as at a family dinner or in a restaurant.
Audiologists know and understand that this is the most common challenge for people with hearing loss. This problem occurs at all levels of hearing loss severity at any age.
So, when looking for a hearing aid, it’s important to understand what you’re trying to achieve by getting them. That is, what do you want to see improved in your life by getting the hearing aid?
The best hearing aids are the ones that allow you to communicate effortlessly in a variety of listening situations, so it’s essential that your individual needs are being met.
Discussing this with your audiologist will be valuable in selecting the right device for you.
Modern hearing aids are little computers packed with amazing technology and features. Today, we will look at the most popular Phonak hearing aids on the market, describe their features, and most importantly, explain the benefits.
Phonak Hearing Aids
Phonak hearing aids use an operating system called Autosense Os 4.0.
Autosense is an environmental optimiser that senses your surroundings and automatically adjusts the features in the hearing aids to optimise their performance.
It’s important to understand that there are five different hearing aid technology performance levels, and Autosense will engage a variety of different features in the hearing aids to give the overall result. The minimum number of environments the hearing aids will detect in the basic essential level is two and the maximum is seven.
Phonak’s latest hearing aid technology platform is called Paradise. The Autosense technology has been improved in the Paradise range with enhancements to the existing features and the addition of new ones, such as speech enhancers, dynamic noise cancellation and motion sensor hearing.
The speech enhancer intends to assist hearing aid wearers to hear soft speech in quiet. For example, when speech is at a distance.
Dynamic noise cancellation allows you to personalise the amount of noise cancellation you prefer in real-time for comfort or audibility in a challenging environment. You can make this adjustment in the myPhonak app.
Motion sensor hearing is designed to improve speech understanding while walking. Motion sensors perceive when the wearer is moving and having a conversation, and can automatically direct the hearing aids microphones for improved speech understanding.
Phonak Paradise Hearing Aids
Paradise currently comes in two different hearing aid styles and models:
- Behind-The-Ear (BTE)
- Receiver-In-The-Canal (RIC)
The device features are the same in both styles at each performance level. However, it’s the appearance and power level that differentiates the two styles.
The BTE device is called the Naida Paradise (Naida P), and it’s the larger of the two devices, and therefore has a larger fitting range.
A BTE device is designed with all of the mechanical parts in the unit that sits behind the ear and is coupled with a plastic tube and mould that sit in the ear canal.
This style is considered more durable and powerful, which is beneficial for people with severe to profound hearing loss.
The benefits include:
- The use of a tube and mould (instead of a receiver) in the ear is less likely to break down. This is beneficial for people with waxy ears or ears that tend to clog up a hearing aid.
- The larger hearing aid is easier to manage for some people, including those with large hands or dexterity problems.
- More power options for larger degrees of hearing loss.
- Rechargeable option available in a more powerful hearing aid.
The RIC device also sits behind the ear and has a thin wire and dome-covered receiver that sits inside the ear canal.
The latest Phonak RIC is called the Audeo Paradise (Audeo P).
RIC hearing aids tend to be the most popular style as they are smaller than BTEs, making them more discreet.
The benefits include:
- The small size provides a discreet appearance and performance.
- More flexible power options. The power level can be easily and affordably replaced if your hearing changes significantly over time.
ITE devices sit in the ear canal with nothing behind the ear, hence the name. They come in a variety of sizes, such as:
- In-The-Canal (ITC)
- Completely-In-The-Canal (CIC)
- Invisible-In-The-Canal (IIC)
All of these devices are customised to your ear shape for a great fit. The best Phonak ITE group of devices is available in the Marvel platform and are called Virto Marvel.
Features of the devices vary depending on the size of the hearing aid, such as:
- Direct connectivity to Bluetooth devices provides audio streaming and hands-free calls.
- AutoSense OS™ 3.0: The hearing aid recognises and automatically adapts to improve listening in different environments.
- Roger™ technology is the solution to improve speech understanding in loud noise and over distance.
- Access to the advanced remote control function–allowing the user to fine-tune their hearing aids and personalise the experience.
ITE and ITC features:
- Fitting range for mild to profound hearing loss
- Direct connectivity for audio streaming and hands-free calls
CIC and IIC features:
- Fitting range for mild to severe hearing loss
The benefits of In-The-Ear devices include:
- Depending on the size, these hearing aids can be considered the highest level of discretion.
- Nothing behind the ear avoids possible issues with glasses, masks and helmets
- Ease of insertion
Phonak is one of the world’s leading hearing aid manufacturers that continues to bring out new hearing aids with improved technology.
If you are thinking about purchasing the latest Phonak hearing aid, look no further than EarDeals.