Is This The World’s Smallest Non-Custom Made Hearing Aid? Meet The Signia Silk!
Finding the perfect new hearing aid can be a lengthy and sometimes overwhelming task. And who could blame you? There are simply too many options to choose from. How are you supposed to find the perfect match amongst a multitude of brands, types of hearing aids, and a range of functions?
EarDeals Hearing Aid Brokers recognised the need for in-depth, professional guidance on the path to better hearing health. This is the reason why we’re taking this opportunity to introduce to you the Signia range of hearing aids with a focus on Signia Silk X hearing devices. If you prefer discrete and high-quality hearing aids that sit unnoticed, Signia Silk X hearing aids might just be for you!
About Signia/Siemens Hearing Aids
If you’re chatting to a fellow hearing aid wearer or Audiologist, you might also hear them refer to Signia hearing aids as “Siemens” devices. The Siemens hearing aid division was purchased by Sivantos in 2013. Sivantos itself belongs to one of the largest hearing aid conglomerates in the world: WSAudiology. Signia draws on the very same technology that was developed by Siemens over more than a hundred years ago. So whilst the name might be new, the brand’s spirit and desire to help those who are hard of hearing remains. The Signia brand is now one of the largest globally distributed and arguably the most forward thinking globally when considering the depth or device styles on offer and technology which supports them.
The history of Siemens hearing aids stretches all the way back to Werner von Siemens himself. Siemens discovered that people suffering from hearing loss could understand voices much better when they were amplified. In 1910, Siemens began producing hearing aids in Berlin, Germany, on a larger scale.
Signia Hearing Aids
The most current ranges of Signia hearing aids include:
Signia Silk X
The nearly invisible design of the Signia Silk X and Nx range of completely-in-canal (CIC) hearing aids make it a huge selling point for anyone looking for tiny, barely noticeable devices that sit discreetly in the ear. Signia Silk X hearing aids aren’t custom-made, so they aren’t tailored to fit different ear shapes and sizes. On the contrary, Signia Silk hearing aids come with soft silicone sleeves in different sizes and colours, to allow immediate use without the wait. The silk broke new ground when it was first introduced to the market as a device that could be worn part time or all the time depending on the wearer’s decisions. Popular amongst the younger generation and for people who needed to hear or struggled to hear in specific situations. At EarDeals we typically found that the Silk was considered for a long time as the first step into hearing aids for many, although this thinking has changed due to the powerful processing capabilities of the modern version of the Signia Silk.
What’s the difference between the Signia X and Signia Nx range of hearing aids?
Signia Silk X hearing aids are the next-generation upgrade from the previous Nx platform, first introduced in 2017. Released in 2021, the Signia X range of hearing aids was designed to be the all-in-one solution for wearers seeking a practically invisible device. The latest technology in the Signia Range is not called AX however it is not currently available in all hearing aids offered by Signia. For the latest technology or to determine if you are looking at the best option for your hearing loss feel free to speak with one of our friendly hearing aid brokers on 1300 010 064.
Compared to its predecessors, Nx is still 20 per cent smaller and packs more performance into less space. Nx also allows for advanced connectivity – even in the smallest sized hearing aid to other accessories such as smartphones.
Signia Active AX
An in-the-canal (ITC) device of the latest generation, Signia Active hearing aids, resembles big-brand earbuds commonly used to stream music and take phone calls via Bluetooth. They can do all of that and more whilst enhancing the wearers’ overall listening experience in real-life situations – even in noisy environments.
Signia Styletto X
Signia Styletto X hearing aids have become widely popular for their on-the-go charging ability, allowing for up to three days of user autonomy. The receiver-in-canal (RIC) style hearing aid offers a complete and personalised hearing experience whilst impressing with an incredibly sleek, award-winning design.
Signia Pure 312 X
Signia Pure hearing aids are all-rounder devices suited for all levels of hearing loss and the most active lifestyles. The high-tech Receiver-in-Canal (RIC) hearing aids come in four different versions with varying features, all of which are available in 10 colours.
Signia Pure Charge&Go X
The remarkably small Signia Pure Charge&Go X range of hearing aids impresses with the most natural own voice processing, even in motion. At 20 per cent extra battery capacity, the fast-charging hearing aids provide wearers with a great deal of flexibility and peace of mind.
The latest available types and ranges of Signia X (2021) hearing aids :
|Type of Hearing Aid||Silk X||Signia Active X||Styletto X||Pure 312 X||Pure Charge&Go X|
|In-the-Ear or In-the-Canal (ITE/ICE)||X|
-Canal or Completely-in
Signia Hearing Aid Features And Benefits
What are the main advantages of Signia X hearing aids? Why should you choose Signia hearing aids over their competitors?
- Discreetness. Signia X hearing aids are amongst the tiniest hearing aids available on the market. That makes them ideal for people that prefer others to not notice the devices. For younger people in need of hearing aids, they’re a fashionable option that still boasts desirable tech features.
- Level of Comfort. They fit seamlessly without requiring long wait times (the way tailor-made hearing aids usually do). The unique solution Signia found: Soft silicone sleeves that connect to the hearing aids and ensure a never-before seen level of comfort and option of vented and non-perforated to ensure if your circumstances change or your preferences change, it’s as simple as changing a silicone dome!
- Customisable: This makes Signia hearing aids highly customisable. The sleeves come in four different sizes designed to fit all types of ear anatomy. Hearing aid settings can also be adjusted (using the Signia smartphone app) to remove distracting background noise or automatically fit levels to the current environment.
- Functionality: Signia X hearing aids come with a variety of features. Depending on the model and type of the hearing aid, the wearer can use them instead of headphones, to take calls, watch TV or listen to music. All without the need to hold a phone or annoying cables that get in the way.
- Advanced Sound Technology: As an added bonus, Signia’s discreet hearing aids offer advanced sound technology that allows users to hear every word and sound properly, even in the most challenging and noisy environments.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Signia hearing aids can be connected to your phone and controlled via the Signia app. The app also provides information about the hearing aid, Signia, and Telehealth communications.
- Telecare Service: A complementary Telehealth service gives technicians remote access to hearing aids, so they can adjust settings without the user having to leave their home.
- Accessories: Signia offers a range of accessories to accompany their hearing aids, including the Mini Pocket, a remote control in the size of a keyfob, and
TV Connector to name a few. These additional accessories are designed to help adjust your hearing aid; connect to your TV for an improved listening experience and accessories designed to assist you even further in noisy situations. There are options for many different aspects of hearing and lifestyles.
If you have questions about Signia hearing aids, hearing aid pricing, features, trials and financing options, we’d love to hear from you! Call our team of hearing aid brokers at 1300 010 064 to discuss the options available to you or book a free hearing test!